Now, let’s face it, who would want to make 3 separate meals – one for the kids, one for your other half and one for you? No one! That is just a crazy thing to even consider.
So let’s look at how you get buy in from the whole family:
* Outline the benefits of following a healthy lifestyle to everyone
* Lead the way. Children follow by example. Demonstrate the behaviour and they will follow
* Educate everyone. If they don’t know what is bad and what is good, they will fall back into habit
* Don’t punish or feel guilty for the treats. Schedule in treats and enjoy them together. Following a healthy lifestyle isn’t about depriving of anything. The more you deprive yourself, the more you will crave. Just limit the portion size and frequency!
* Sit down for meals together and make it a social time
* Engage the family in cooking and preparing
* Discuss what you would like to eat as a family
* Talk about the progress you are making and how you are all feeling as a result of the changes
* Plan ahead. If you are heading out of the door and won’t get much time to cook, plan for it
* Be patient! Breaking a habit takes approximately 28 days.
Many families are confused about food choices and how this impacts on day to day wellbeing. There are a lot of conflicting messages out there and an abundance of colourful products to choose from. The majority of people I have spoken to are anxious about the choices out there and how to approach the family to engage in changing eating habits.
Let me take the pain out of it for you. I now offer home visits!
The home visits are an excellent way to engage the whole family. The visit is very interactive and engaging for family members of all ages.
I provide guidance, knowledge and tips on how to make simple, everyday changes to the food you eat to help you to achieve your family goals. We will identify what you want to achieve as a family and tailor the guidance and information around this.
I will also do a health check on your fridge and cupboards. We can go through what is in there together and identify what is good, what is not so good and what you can replace these with.
So, if you want to boost your family’s health and want a helping hand, get in touch today!
Contact me on 07880 502172 or firstname.lastname@example.org