It is summer; the time when we all want to look and feel good. Here are some ideas to help you eat healthy and to feel great.
- Make time for breakfast. It will kick start you for the day.
- Don’t miss meals. Eat 3 main meals a day.
- Eat regularly. Program your body so it knows when it will be fed.
- Snack between meals. Your body will start to tell you it is hungry after 3-4 hours. Feed it when it happens.
- Snack healthily. Don’t eat junk. Fruit, nuts, veg etc are good.
- You may need to change your thinking. Don’t think of it as a diet or not eating what you love. Think of it as a lifestyle change or healthy alternatives.
- Cut out takeaways, fast food and microwave meals. Replace with home cooked food.
- Introduce 1 new thing every week. Don’t try to change everything all at once.
- Lower your alcohol intake. There are lots of hidden calories.
- Choose low fat foods where possible.
- Change to brown carbs – pasta, rice, bread etc. Wholegrain helps you to feel fuller for longer.
- Ensure you eat protein. Your body has a requirement for it to build muscle and to function. Protein helps you to feel fuller for longer and regulates energy levels.
- Drink lots of water. 6 x 250 ml minimum.
- Exercise. You don’t have to run marathons every other day! Just up your current levels. Start off small and work up. Don’t try to do it all at once.
These are really simple things that most people know. The hardest bit is evaluating where you are now and figuring out an action plan to implement and stick to.
I will be running a workshop on Healthy Living in the near future. This will incorporate aspects of physical and mental health, work/life balance, stress management and action planning for success. If you are interested in hearing more about it or want to know where and when, get in touch.
It may also help to work with a wellness coach to help you to set goals, develop an action plan and work towards achieving them. If you are interested in a 30 min free consultation to find out how coaching could help you, get in touch via http://bit.ly/qSBihG
Make the changes now. Step out of your comfort zone and challenge yourself. There is only one person that can do this and that is you.
I look forward to hearing from you! Happy summer!